Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ironman Florida 70.3s bike ride

So we drive over to Haines City and go out on the bike course for this half ironman coming up in May.  There was about 12 of us.  The route is a little bit hillier than I thought it would be.  Mostly rollers none the hills that I am not accustom to.

Well we are about 35 miles out and one of the girls starts to bonk and have mechanical issues.  We have a work around on the mechanics, thanks to the CL, but the bonking is a long fix.  About this time I am fed up with the pace line, too.  I let fly some choice words.  I was pissed.  So I just decided to hang with the CL and this girl and get her back to the start.  It took some time, but we made it.  We even had to walk up a hill.

I then got some more water and rode backwards on the route to meet up with the group.  I was about 5 miles out and met up with them.  We then rode back.  On the way back we lost Crampy to cramps.  He stopped and we had to go back in a car and get him.  Crampy refuses to hydrate properly and not overpush when riding.

We then started the long trip home.  It was a good ride.

Train Hard, Train Smart
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment