Saturday, March 3, 2012

50 miles on a bike in the wind

Today we rode 50 miles in what seemed to be a gale force wind.  We went out towards the airport first.  On the stretch to the end of the airport loop we were into the wind.  A few of the team went strong and hammered into the wind.  They were definitely outside of zone 2.  I hung back and let them go.  When we stopped a prearranged point, I rode up to them and told them that the CL was not going to be happy.  I moved away from the group when CL showed up.  I did not want to get any shrapnel (sp?) when she exploded on them.  And she did.

We stayed together from there on out except for when PD got a flat.  CL hung with him and we met at a prearranged rest stop.  The rest of the ride was uneventful. There was the usual bantering back and forth.

CL pushed herself to hard.  She such a good coach, but like most coaches thinks she cannot show any weakness.  I told she needs to do her workouts and I was going to keep her honest.  Her job is to keep me honest.

Distance: 51miles
Time: 3 hours 16 minutes
HR I have no idea the damn monitor stopped working
Calories: Garmin says 1500 but the internet says 3000

We also ran 2 miles off the bike.  It was hard.  It was hot.  I took about 20 minutes to do that.  It was a zone 2 run.

Train Hard, Train Smart
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment