Monday, January 23, 2012

Last week - Training sucks on the road

So last week I was on the west coast of Florida for a conference and then went to Columbia, SC for a business meeting.  Well, training while traveling can be quite challenging.  Fortunately, the hotel in FL was on the beach (good for running) and had a nice but short pool.  So I got some swimming in and running.  Columbia is a whole different story.  First it was cold and then the treadmills sucked.  Forget about a stationary bike.  It was difficult to say the least. I am going to have to evaluate my out of town trips a little more.

Nevertheless, I returned to Orlando to do a 50 mile zone 2 ride on Saturday and an 8-mile run on Sunday, also in zone 2.  All in all, it could have been worse.

Train smart not hard.
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment