Saturday, December 3, 2011

The interrupted ride 12/3/11

It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Get up take #2 son to school at 5:45am for a wrestling tournament. Go home. Lounge. Get bike ready be on the road at 7:30. Do 30 miles. Then go to tournament and run some errands.

Well, 10 miles into the ride my phone rings twice.  One is from my wife.  #2 son has broken his left arm she is on the way to the tournament.  Then my bike decides it needs some TLC and I spend 5 minutes tightening my seat.  Then a half hour later my wife calls again. Another 5 minutes.  Each time I am having to stop.  Then the wind decides to blow a steady 15mph.  Yea!!

So my 1:40 ride turned into a 2 hour ride.  Then I find out #2 son is having surgery as it was a bad break. 

Life happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment