Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 is Nearly in the Bag

2011 is almost done.  Just one more day and one more bike ride.  CL wants to be riding by 7:30.  We will see.  A lot of things occurred in 2011.  Like I signed up for IMAZ.  You will hear me say this a lot in 2012, "What the hell was I thinking??". 

12/31/11 - We all met at the Y, Vortex and TNT.  We must have had 15 people.  It was a bit crowded.  There was the usual kbitzing.  Giving people a hard time, the veterans and the newbies alike.  No one was spared.  It was actually quite refreshing and a lot of fun. CL laid out the law for the ride, er I mean, the rules and the goals. 

Well, we had 3 flats for the group and a lot of tired riders.  We all rode at the CL's designated warm up pace of 15mph.  When we turned the corner at Lake Nona the faster riders took off.  It was about 59 degrees out so must of us were bundled up.  I was especially.  However, I ended up taking off a lot of it as I went.  We got separated a bit.  A group went out at about 20+.  I let them go.  I was content at my 19-20mph.  Ended up riding a lot  alone, but it was good.  Rpms were 95+ the whole ride.  When we finished, we all went to Dunkin Donuts for brunch.  Most everyone went.  It was a lot of fun.  CL told us about a swim on 1/1/12 in Lake Minneola at 7am.  Ya right.  I will be there. NOT.

I rode 34 miles at an average pace of 19.5mph.  Less than one-third of the Ironman I have signed up for.  I really need to work on on my bike muscular endurance.  The good news is that I have 11 months to train.    

Here's to the new year and my training to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment