Friday, February 17, 2012

Where did the week go

Wow!  Is this what it is going to be like??  Sunday I was doing an  8 mile run and now its Friday night.  It was just a blur.  Between the workouts and work that is about all the time I had.  So let me summarize.

Sunday - 8 mile run. Zone 2. Avg HR=125. Avg Pace 10:48  It was cold. We ran at 6am from DD.
Monday - A day of rest.  Stretched with that god awful Grid.
Tuesday - Swam 2,200m then ran 30 minutes at a long run tempo pace.  Avg HR=136. Avg Pace 9:53
Wednesday - Bike training - 1:15 h on the bike and then lifted weights.
Thursday - Swam 3200m  or 2 miles (rounded from 1.98).
Friday - Ran 30 minutes zone 2. Avg HR=136. Avg Pace 10:06 & Stretching & weight lifting

Now for the good stuff.  Tuesday's swim was uneventful.  Hard but uneventful. Wednesday was biking on trainers. CL was not feeling well so Snackie aka Katswim and I lead the class.  I was having a hard time with the music because I do not have any playlists on my iphone.  I do not like how the iphone handles them so it is hard to play good tunes all the time.  There is the false rumor that I played "Let's get started" by the Black Eyed Peas 3 times in a row.  This is not true.  Then PD was keeping a double secret check on the time.  So I was challenged to do good music and keep the time right.  Well, apparently I did none of the above.  I have a picture of a couple of people in class.  No wonder I had such a hard time.  Look....

Thursday started off bad.  I had a business dinner meeting on Wednesday so I ended up getting home late and decided it was better to sleep in than get up swim early.  I was able to swim later that day after work. 3200m is a long way.

Friday was good.  Got up and went down to the Y. Just before our run CL introduced us to a new guy.  He was wide eyed and has no idea what he is in for.  Usually most new people come to their first practice and the practice is one of the hard ones.  Well we never see those people again.  That is unfortunate because if they stuck with it they would understand what happened that first day.  The new guy should do ok

Then there is the usual antics.  PD was behind me and we had to rollover on the grid and stretch our thighs.  I was facing PD but he was still stretching his hamstrings, so his feet were at my face (bare feet).  Ode de bare foot at 6:15 in the morning is not appealing.  PD quickly moved his feet.  Then CL asks Shadow if he would like a longer one? I thought the entire class would completely come apart.  She meant a longer GRID, but it sure was not interpreted that way.

It was a good week but it was blur.

Train Hard, Train Smart
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment